Historical Images of Porter County
Hebron High School, Hebron, Indiana
Source Type: Postcard
Publisher, Printer, Photographer: P. S. & Company
Postmark: May 19, 1914, Hebron, Indiana
Collection: Steven R. Shook
Remark: The structure seen here was built in 1872 on the west side of Adams Street at a cost of $5,000. The school originally consisted of four rooms. In 1897, the building was expanded to six rooms, with two rooms occupied by the high school students and library. The last year that this structure was used as a school was 1914 when new bonds were issued to construct a new school building due to increasing enrollments and an aging facility. The first commencement exercises from the Hebron school took place in 1890 with the following graduates: Ora Bryant, Nettie Carson, Charles Childs, Helen Green, Sadie McAlpine, Virgil Nichols, Mary Patton, and Bertha Rice.
Return to Porter County Photographs & Historical Images
Please contact the Porter County GenWeb Coordinator if
you can provide any additional information concerning this image.
Image and related text prepared by Steven R. Shook